Our traps are designed for Do-It-Yourself (DIY) hams to build professional grade multiband wire antennas (or verticals) for their QTH or next DXpedition.
- You will need a pair of traps for each band you intend to operate - except the lowest frequency you intent to operate.
- You will receive a wiring guide & cut matrix with each trap purchase. This guide will give you precise cut lengths for every possible trap configuration.
- You will need to buy a quality center insulator. We have numerous center insulators in stock for you to choose from.
- You will need to also supply antenna wire, end insulators and coax to feed the antenna. We have all of these items in stock.
More Notes about Our Coils/Traps
- They are manufactured in North Andover, Massachusetts from low loss plastics and stainless steel metals. The coil itself is protected with clear acrylic laquer and is fully weather proofed with epoxy. The manufacturer is Unadilla - a respected supplier of high quality antenna components.
- Each coil has 600 lb. minimum "pull apart" or tensile strength.
- The weight is approximately 8 oz. per coil
- The size is approximately 1.8" in diameter x 5.5" long. The 80m coils are slightly larger.
- All coils on this page will handle 2KW PEP.